Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bricks..day2 -third installment

                                                                                      
Pink didn't do so bad out in the big world...at first.


 He went on to become a loved rockstar, a husband and an accepted person in society


....but did he accept society?


 It began to wear on Pink.


 He was fairly safe within his wall...but he started to question...


What Now? Why? 


He mocked society and their constant need for more more......people wanting to be the same...loss of individuality loss of self.


Troubled inside Pink sought out temporary emotional stability with mind altering supplements.


His wife didn't understand Pink. Who would ignore her and watch television.


Inside Pink was a mass of highly combustible emotional product....keep away from open flame.


                                                              What shall we do now?
[Roger Waters]
What shall we use to fill the empty spaces
Where waves of hunger roar?
Shall we set out across the sea of faces
In search of more and more applause?
Shall we buy a new guitar?
Shall we drive a more powerful car?
Shall we work straight through the night?
Shall we get into fights?
Leave the lights on? Drop bombs?
Do tours of the east? Contract diseases?
Bury bones? Break up homes?
Send flowers by phone?
Take to drink? Go to shrinks?
Give up meat? Rarely sleep?
Keep people as pets?
Train dogs? Race rats?
Fill the attic with cash?
Bury treasure? Store up leisure?
But never relax at all
With our backs to the wall. 

Pink goes on tour to America...

whilst there, discovers his wife is cheating on him 

Pink displays a wide range of emotions,

grieving his loss..once again...

.....just another brick in the wall....

Empty Spaces (lyrics only)
(denial?)
[Roger Waters]
What shall we use to fill the empty spaces
Where we used to talk?
How should I fill the final places?
How should I complete the wall? 
I am a famous rockstar and can get all the pussy......

I am Pink.

Young Lust
(I can do it too)
[David Gilmour]
I am just a new boy,
A stranger in this town.
Where are all the good times?
Who's gonna show this stranger around?
Ooooh, I need a dirty woman.
Ooooh, I need a dirty girl.
Will some woman in this desert land
Make me feel like a real man?
Take this rock and roll refugee
Oooh, baby set me free.
Ooooh, I need a dirty woman.
Ooooh, I need a dirty girl. 

One of my turns
(depression,anger)
[Roger Waters]
Day after day love turns gray
Like the skin on a dying man.
And night after night we pretend it's all right.
But I have grown older, and
You have grown colder, and
Nothing is very much fun any more.
And I can feel one of my turns coming on.
I feel cold as a razor blade,
Tight as a tourniquet,
Dry as a funeral drum.
Run to the bedroom, 
In the suitcase on the left
You'll find my favorite axe.
Don't look so frightened,
This is just a passing phase,
One of my bad days.
Would you like to watch TV?
Or get between the sheets?
Or contemplate the silent freeway?
Would you like something to eat?
Would you like to learn to fly?
Would ya?
Would you like to see me try?
Would you like to call the cops?
Do you think it's time I stopped?
Why are you running away? 

Don't leave me now
(depression)
[Roger Waters]
Ooooh babe, don't leave me now.
Don't say it's the end of the road.
Remember the flowers I sent.
I need you, babe
To put through the shredder 
In front of my friends.
Ooooh babe, don't leave me now.
How could you go?
When you know how I need you
To beat to a pulp on a Saturday night
Ooooh babe, don't leave me now.
How can you treat me this way?
Running away.
Ooooh babe.
Why are you running away?
[David Gilmour]
Oooooh Babe 
Another Brick in the Wall
(resignation)
[Roger Waters]
I don't need no arms around me.
And I don't need no drugs to calm me.
I have seen the writing on the wall.
Don't think I need anything at all.
No! Don't think I'll need anything at all.
All in all it was all just bricks in the wall.
All in all you were all just bricks in the wall. 

1 comment:

  1. <3
    Again beautiful ,emotional ,passionate, your words play in the mind dancing on my senses ...

    ReplyDelete