Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bricks..day Zero

1950's England.... there was a fatherless young schoolboy named Pink who was a little lost...his father had died in the war--World War II at the battle of Anzio in Italy in 1944...his mother..bless her was overbearing, yet full of love.....below Pink recalls his father.




                     Track from the album:Pink Floyd the Wall, When the Tigers broke free.

[Roger Waters] 
It was just before dawn one miserable
Morning in black Forty-Four.
When the forward commander was told to sit tight
When he asked that his men be withdrawn.
And the Generals gave thanks as the other ranks
Held back the enemy tanks for a while.
And the Anzio bridgehead was held for the price
Of a few hundred ordinary lives.

The Song: Mother



[Roger Waters]
Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother, do you think they'll like this song?
Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?
Ooooo. Mother, should I build the wall?
Mother, should I run for president?
Mother, should I trust the government?
Mother, will they put me in the firing line?
Oooooh aaah. Is it just a waste of time?
(alternate: Oooooh aaah. Mother am I really dying?)
[David Gilmour]
Hush now, baby. Baby, don't you cry.
Mamma's gonna make all your nightmares come true.
Mamma's gonna put all of her fears into you.
Mamma's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
She won't let you fly, but she might let you sing.
Mama's gonna keep baby cozy and warm.
Ooooh babe. Ooooh babe. Oooooh babe,
Of course mama's gonna help build a wall.
[Roger Waters]
Mother, do you think she's good enough -- for me?
Mother, do you think she's dangerous -- to me?
Mother, will she tear your little boy apart?
Ooooh aaah. Mother, will she break my heart?
[David Gilmour]




No comments:

Post a Comment