Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 6 Making Merry

The first time I ever heard the term Making Merry was in my all time favorite Christmas film A Christmas Carol and of course later in book by Charles Dickens.


                                  I was surprised to see it in comic book version hehe
I sometimes wonder why I embrace this story so much....each year I read the book, and it is my mission to see as many versions of the film as I can...there are alot... I think one thing is the aspect of ghosts and the unknown...I like an eerie story
also it's possible I may be a bit of an Anglophile
Making Merry is mentioned several times, but below the classic scene 
at Old Fezziwigs Christmas Party
One thing I do know though...is I have a dislike for those who
embrace Mr. Scrooge today..well the former Scrooge I should say
people who ACTUALLY say Bah Humbug and scowl at others making merry.
It serves nothing but themselves, it is a very selfish, self centered way to be....
For after Scrooge was visited by the 3 spirits, he changed. 
He embraced his fellow man, he himself became a Merry Maker.
He LEARNED something about himself and about humanity.
Some of my favorite parts are the Merry Making ones...
and seeing Scrooge, the miser, enjoy them.
I think I like to see reform....


I am off to MAKE MERRY for the next couple of days... no doubt with good red wine, delicious home made food made by various hands with care and goodwill. Merrymaking, with laughter in hopes it falls on the ear of  the old Ebenezer Scrooges that are here and there...






No comments:

Post a Comment