Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 1 Making Merry





Whilst I was absent, it occurred to me to write about morphine...I was on quite a bit of it in the hospital and it made me think it might prove interesting to research. One thing I do know, it makes for some interesting dreams! Instead I intend to Make Merry this week!  My illness and medications meant No Coffee (or other caffeine eek!) No Alcohol and No Spicy Food (med interaction?) time for that too change me thinks ;)


"Making Merry" Not really a term we use here in the states...at least not in present times, but I like it! The term was first known to be used in 1618.




One of the earliest known works of literature is called The Epic of Gilgamesh, it is Mesopotamian the epic poem uses the term....


The Original tablet it is inscribed on....




As for you, Gilgamesh, let your belly be full,
Make merry day and night.
Of each day make a feast of rejoicing.Day and night dance and play!
Let your garments be sparkling fresh,
Your head be washed; bathe in water.
Pay heed to a little one that holds on to your hand,
Let a spouse delight in your bosom.

No comments:

Post a Comment